In the Fridge Casserole
I briefly debated with myself about putting together a menu plan for the week.
Lazy-Negative Me: “Your kiddo is sick, you don’t feel so hot yourself, and your schedule is erratic this week. Forget it. Don’t waste your time. Go give yourself a facial instead–you look pale and lifeless.”
Slightly-Less-Negative Me: ” That’s the look I was going for! Crazy house this week? All the more reason to create a menu plan, Lazy Me! Think of how much easier mealtimes will go, think of the joy on the face of your husband and child when presented with pre-planned, delicious meals!”
Barf. SLN Me makes me cringe. I’m feeling a little delirious after getting up 487 times last night. Cheesy, overly eager, SLN Me won the battle though.
Even simple, sometimes uninspired menu plans are beneficial to me: I’d rather have one and alter it, than not have one and stare into fridge, mouth slightly ajar at 4:55 p.m. Pretty. So pretty.
Lots of soup will be had this week. We are sickly folk, after all. slurp.
- Oatmeal with raisins and bananas x 3
- In the Fridge casserole, peaches x 2 (I’ll share the recipe soon)
- Toast with jam, fruit salad, o.j.
- Apple cake, berries, hot cider
- Leftovers x 3 plus fruit
- Cheese and chicken quesadillas, apples
- Salad wraps with vinaigrette, berries
- Couscous with zucchini & sun-dried tomatoes, multigrain crackers
- Tomato soup, grilled cheese, apples
- Chicken & veggie noodle soup, cheesy-jalapeno bread
- Vegetable chowder, French bread with butter
- Spinach stuffed chicken breasts, twice-baked potatoes, broccoli
- Slow cooker Angel Chicken, salad, cauliflower
- Spinach chicken bake, roasted asparagus ( I have a lot of spinach in the fridge & freezer I’d like to put a dent in)
- Leftovers Night x 2
- Fruit: honeydew, strawberries, bananas, peaches, apples (do you have Pacific Rose in your area? SO delicious. But such a short season of only 2 months)
- Multi-grain crackers & Greek yogurt
- Carrots, celery, cucumbers, dip
- Babybel cheese & graham crackers
- Fruit smoothies (with a little spinach thrown in)
Do I have company in the sick-home arena? Are you cooking up some soup this week, too? Love to see what’s on your menu plan this week!