Delicious veggie tian. I’ll share the recipe this week. Really, I will. I’m not just saying that like I do every week.
The weather is cooling down today even though we had a very warm weekend. I might have to adjust this menu if we get some rain–rain calls for stew and comfort meals around here. I also have some carry over from last week since I switched up our plans a few times.
What I’d really like to eat this week is pierogies. Except that I don’t have a fantastic recipe. And the ones I really loved? They were from the freezer section at Trader Joe’s– I actually preferred those to the ones I tasted in Poland 2 years go (I can’t believe I just said that–but maybe I was in a bad restaurant where the chef cooked & served bad pierogies. That could happen). And Trader Joe’s stopped carrying them a couple of years ago. Boo. Big fat boo! I’ve just now, this very minute, decided that my new mission this year is to make the best pierogies in the land!
Advice? Pierogi expert reading this?
Here’s what’s on our menu for the week.
- Potato hash with eggs, peppers, onions, and mushroom
- Oatmeal with dried cherries and bananas x 2
- Breakfast frittatas, fruit
- Cereal with bananas, smoothies x 2
- Good Mornin’ Muffins, fruit, hot cocoa
- Leftovers x 3 plus fruit
- Pb and peach jam sandwiches, apple slices, graham crackers
- Veggie pasta salad, cheese bits, fruit
- Zucchini patties, melon
- Grilled cheese with ham, apple slices
- Lasagna biscuit bake, veggie tian
- Homemade chicken nuggets, veggie couscous, cauliflower
- Baked tortellini, roasted asparagus, slow cooker garlic mushrooms
- Slow cooker minestrone, honey cornbread
- Chicken roll ups, veggie tian
- Shepherd’s pie, salad, homemade butter rolls
- Leftovers Night
- Fruit: melon, bananas, pineapple, tangerines
- Pumpkin bars
- Cranberry oat bars
Are you trying any new recipes this week and I’d love to hear about your favorite easy weekday meal?