Cinnamon roll biscuit strips: This is what happens when you forget to roll up the dough before slicing. I blame Monday.
Ah, the rain is back. After a week of sunny skies, the rain started again yesterday afternoon. Then I had the pleasure of hearing it pitter patter during 2 hours of Mad Men (sigh) and all through the night. Bliss. I love planning our menu as I watch the rain out my kitchen windows. Rain makes me hungry. Lots of things make me hungry.
Here’s what’s on our menu this week:
- Easy baked eggs, toast strips w/jam, blueberries
- Green monster smoothies, cereal (for Munchkin)
- Oatmeal w/wheat bran & raisins, fruit x 2
- Cinnamon roll biscuits, peaches, o.j.
- Spinach Quiche, bananas, o.j
- Chunky monkey smoothies, toast strips & fruit
- Leftovers x 2 plus fruit
- Pb and peach jam, apple slices, multi-grain crackers
- Bean and cheese burritos, fruit salad
- Veggie ravioli soup, honey cornbread
- Avocado-cucumber-garbanzo sandwiches on multi-grain thins
- Pizza bread, Kiddie pina coladas
- Sloppy Joe’s on whole wheat buns (I have to type it to remind myself…whole wheat, whole wheat, whole wheat), slow cooker baked beans (finally using my mini slow cooker after 2 years), tossed salad, corn
- Baked salmon, rice, roasted veggies
- Easy baked garlic chicken, sautéed spinach & garlic, brown rice
- Slow cooker creamy chicken and brown rice, roasted veggies
- Turkey burgers, red potato salad, baked zucchini sticks
- Chicken pockets, roast cauliflower & green beans
- Leftovers Night
- Fruit: pineapple, blueberries, melon
- Veggies & dip
- Glazed lemon zucchini loaf
- Graham crackers with fruit dip
Freezer Cooking Session: I don’t do a traditional once-a-month session, but generally choose 2 or 3 recipes. A couple are carryover (oops) from last week.
- Honey cornbread
- Ranch chicken
- Baking mix
What’s on your menu this week?