I don’t know if it’s true that if you put the lime in the coconut, you drink them both together, you put the lime in the coconut, then you’ll feel better. Because it sounds like they feel horrible when they put the lime in the coconut and drink them both together.
Maybe they needed to put the lime in the coconut oil. Maybe that’s the part the doctor left out? And maybe I’m missing the obvious deeper meaning to that song. Is there a deeper meaning?
That song plays in my head every time I see/hear/read coconut oil. Which might be a good thing because I need reminders to use my coconut oil. I bought some several weeks ago, got some great ideas for uses for it, but never got around to actually using it. I think it intimidates me. I’m also afraid it’ll sweeten whatever recipe I add it to. Like sweeten in a bad way.
I was reading about coconut oil uses over at Delicious Obsessions. There are 52 uses listed! Actually, with the reader comments, there are far more than 52 uses. Who knew? I didn’t. Now I absolutely have no excuses. Here are a few ways I can put my coconut oil to good use outside of cooking with it (thanks Delicious Obsessions!):
- Use as makeup remover
- Add a spoonful to Duke’s dog food–great for cats and dogs
- Use instead of shaving cream(oo, will I smell like a pina colada? Watch out!)
- Add to smoothies for added nutrition (I’ve actually had a smoothie with c.o. and it was yummy)
- Use on the skin around eyes to help improve sagging and wrinkles (NICE)
- Eat a spoonful with your meals to improve digestion
- Use to get gum out of hair instead of cutting hair
- Use as a base for homemade chocolate (mm!)
- Take a spoonful with your vitamins to improve absorption
- Use to sooth rashes, chicken pox, skin irritations
- Use on diaper rash
- Use to help smooth out rough heels (cure my flip-flop heels?)
- Replace butter on cinnamon toast with c.o. (I adore cinnamon toast…will have to see if I adore this variation, too)
- Use as hair conditioner, moisturizes well
I’ve read a lot of research on coconut oil and there are certainly those who believe coconut oil isn’t such a shining star as proponents have claimed. I happen to fall into the proponent class at this time (despite having 2 full jars in my house and not using them yet). I’ll keep reading up on it, but I love what I’m finding out about this wonder oil. I’ve also read there is increasing evidence that c.o. may help those with Alzheimer’s and dementia. Very cool.
I’m going all in with coconut oil. No more pussyfooting around. A couple friends have suggested I first try baking with it and using it as a replacement to olive oil. I’ll start there. But I’d love it if you’d please share any and all ways you use coconut oil. Have you tried any of the uses I listed? Have you tried it with lime?