I’m using a whole chicken in 3 different meals this week. My attempt to a) not waste ingredients/food and b) fill our menu with yummy meals without overspending (which I am guilty of doing at the grocery store. I love grocery shopping just as much as clothes shopping).
Here’s what’s on our menu this week:
- Pumpkin muffins, tangerines
- Blueberry lemon pancakes, bananas, o.j.
- Oatmeal w/wheat bran & dried cherries, fruit
- Ranch House burritos (Gooseberry Patch recipe), o.j.
- Berry smoothies, toast strips
- Cereal, fruit
- Overnight French toast, Green monster smoothies
- Leftovers x 2 plus fruit
- Chicken salad sandwiches, fruit
- P.b and jelly, fruit, milk
- Veggie pasta salad, honey cornbread
- Zucchini fritters (trying a new Gooseberry Patch fritter recipe), fruit salad
- Quesadillas, apple & pear slices
- Leftovers Night
- Baked chicken, savory orzo (a new Gooseberry Patch recipe), broccoli
- Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, roasted carrots and crookneck squash
- Blushing penne, simple salad, asparagus, easy rolls
- Southern pork barbeque (another one from Gooseberry Patch; I gotta test them out 🙂 ), honey cornbread, veggie
- Chicken roll-ups, salad, asparagus
- Leftovers Upcycle Night :)–Creating something new with leftovers
- Veggies, crackers, & dip
Freezer Cooking Session: I don’t do a traditional once-a-month session, but generally choose 2 or 3 recipes.
- Creamy chicken with mushrooms
- Beef dish (undecided)
- Casserole (undecided, but will include chicken)
What’s on your menu this week? Please feel free to link up to your menu as well!