Hi all! I’m lagging big time today and I’ve zero motivation to plan a menu. I should have done it last night or this morning, but I’m actually planning it as I type it. Whoops. I went against my “rules” and went to the grocery store this morning with only a little list and a vague idea of what we’ll be eating this week. I’m usually armed with my menu plan and a full list. Let this not be an indicator of the week ahead..
I’m trying not to be crabby over the fact that our neighborhood chain grocery store is somewhat lacking in the “friendly” department. I try to ignore it, but some days it really irritates me that so few of the employees at this specific store can muster a smile, a hello, or even a nod. Another reason I love the little market I frequent and am glad we rely on so few items from the grocery chain. Ah well, bigger fish to fry, right?
Here’s what’s on our menu this week:
- Egg scramble, cinnamon toast, apples (camping)
- Ebelskiver with homemade blackberry jam, fruit salad, milk
- Oatmeal with oat bran, bananas, and raisins, o.j. x 2
- Baked apple cider doughnuts, fruit smoothies
- Toast & fruit, Green monster smoothies
- Biscuits n’ gravy, pineapple, o.j.
- Leftovers x 2 plus fruit
- P.b and jelly, fruit, yogurt
- Peas n’ pasta, slow cooker applesauce, melon
- Chicken & cheese quesadillas, pineapple, crackers
- Snack-ey lunch (homemade hummus & crackers, raspberries/grapes/melon, cheese shapes)
- Mac-veggies & cheese, yogurt, apple slices
- Sautéed veggies, brown rice (going light after a weekend of camping food 🙂 )
- Pizza and salad
- Potato corn chowder, savory bread, simple salad
- Oven fried chicken, pasta salad, broccoli (Munchie girl chose this menu based off Paula Deen episodes she watched–she loves watching Paula–and she always picks broccoli as her veg if she can)
- Daddy-daughter dinner out (while mom is at Mom’s Night Dinner)
- Hamburgers, twice baked potatoes, corn on the cob, salad
- Leftovers Night
- Fruit & veggies
- Hummus and multi-grain crackers
- Yogurt and granola
Freezer Cooking Session: I don’t do a traditional once-a-month session, but generally choose 2 or 3 recipes.
(Skipping this week)
What’s on your menu this week? Where do you do most of your grocery shopping?
Please feel free to link up to your menu as well!