A few weeks ago I made my first batch of slow cooker applesauce. Yum.
Scented candles? Mais non. Just get some applesauce cooking and you’re all good. To top it off, you can freeze it. Word to your mom.
Wanna know my simple & tasty recipe? Here, I’ll show ya.
Peel, core, and slice them up. Toss them into the slow cooker. I added a cinnamon stick, cinnamon, lemon rind, fresh lemon juice, and brown sugar. I let it cook on low for 6 hours (I cooked it longer, but that was unnecessary for this small batch). A few hours into cooking, I mixed it up a bit.
My Slow Cooker Applesauce
- •8 apples (a variety works well)
- •1 cinnamon stick
- •2-3 Tbsps fresh lemon juice (I used Meyer)
- •2 large lemon rind shavings
- •3 Tbsps brown sugar
- •1-2 tsps cinnamon (based on how cinnamon-infused you'd like it)
- Wash, peel, core, & slice apples. Put them in the slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients to the apples. Cook on low for 5-6 hours. After 3 hours, I mixed it up then let it finish up. Remove cinnamon stick before placing in jars. Enjoy!