Where I’ll be dining this week. Ahahahahahaaaaaaaa!……….sob.
Hi all! I forgot to brainstorm this week’s menu. But I’ve been thinking about some delicious looking desserts I saw online this past week. Which I must ignore. Ignore.
This week we’re doing a bit of “learning about our world” as noted in our 102 Things To Do This Summer List so I’m incorporating a bit of France into the plan. If you know me, it’s no surprise that I chose France for our 1st “trip”. I love America, but I have a “thing” for France. My choices or outcomes might not be terribly authentic, but I’m giving it a shot. Munchie is excited and asked if we will go to Africa and North Carolina (??? no idea where those came from).
So here we go…planning as I type. Here’s what we’re having this week:
- Blueberry coffee cake, strawberries, juice x 2
- Stuffed breakfast biscuits, blueberries, pineapple juice
- Soft-boiled eggs, toast strips, ham slices, o.j./tea
- Oatmeal with dried cherries & flax, Green monster smoothies
- French puffs, hot cocoa, fruit salad
- Baked apples, o.j. (carryover from last week)
- Father’s Day lunch with family (a lot of food consumed. A lot)
- Ham, brie & arugula on baguette, berries
- French lentil soup, baguette slices, watermelon
- Egg salad sandwiches, berries, milk
- Grilled chicken, roasted balsamic mushrooms, apples & melon
- Mushroom & spinach quiche, watermelon
- Leftovers plus fruit
- Light meal/snacks (heavy Father’s Day lunch so we all ate something different and light for Sunday dinner)
- Boeuf aux carottes (or beef with carrots–doesn’t have the same appeal this way), simple salad, apple tart or berry crumble
- Coq au vin, crusty bread, a little wine for the adults and sparkling apple cider for the little one (& maybe tart or crumble?)
- Baked penne, broccoli, garlic knots
- Baked herbed salmon, sun-dried tomato couscous, roasted zucchini
- Poulet au vinaigre ( chicken with vinegar), French green beans with garlic,
- Leftovers Night
- Delicious summer fruit!
- Greek yogurt & crunchies (like crackers, popcorn, etc.)
Freezer Cooking & DIY Session: I don’t do a traditional once-a-month session, but generally choose 2 or 3 recipes.
- I think I’ll skip this week. 😉