Poor, poor, neglected blog. Last week I had too good a time enjoying summer and didn’t give this little blog the love and attention it deserves. But this week I’ll be back in the saddle and hope you’ll stick around to see what I have up my blogging sleeve.
Since Munchie really liked learning about France we’ve decided to continue exploring that lovely country for our “learning about our world” activities (as noted in our 102 Things To Do This Summer List). So I’ll also keep France a part of our menu plan just as it was last week. I’ll also be sharing a few recipes from this menu plan. Are you interested?
Here’s what we’re having this week. Bon Appetit!
- Berry crepes, melon, o.j.
- Pain au chocolat, melon & berries, French hot chocolate
- Cereal, banana, juice
- Oatmeal with dried cherries, Green monster smoothies x 2
- Baguette with marmalade/apricot jam, soft-boiled eggs, pineapple juice/coffee
- Croque madame, melon, o.j.
- Lunch at the Scottish Festival
- Minestrone soup, baguette w/butter
- Monte cristo sandwiches, mango, milk
- Pb & j, apples, watermelon
- Lunch out
- Leftovers plus fruit x 2
- Mushroom & chicken crepes, sautéed veggies, tarte Normande (apple custard tart)
- Mijoté de poulet au citron (slow cooker lemon chicken ), roasted red potatoes & carrots, madeleines & French hot chocolate
- Teriyaki salmon, sautéed garlic spinach, rice
- Turkey meatloaf, garlic mashed potatoes, broccoli & mushrooms
- Chicken lime burgers, oven French fries , fruit salad
- Dinner out
- Leftovers Night
- Delicious summer fruit!
- Greek yogurt & crunchies (like crackers, popcorn, etc.)
Freezer Cooking & DIY Session: I don’t do a traditional once-a-month session, but generally choose 2 or 3 recipes.
- We have a full freezer. I’ll be taking a break for a few weeks.