No, you didn’t wake from a long slumber only to discover it’s Thanksgiving. :) My parents were visiting and we craved, desired, needed a turkey dinner. And turkey we had! That led to great leftovers of course and turkey noodle soup…a favorite around these parts.
I took a menu planning break for a few weeks and thought I’d have a plan by Monday night. Um.
So here’s our menu plan for the week. Although I’m looking forward to the autumn months, I’m a bit down about the end of delicious fruit and veggies. Don’t go, dear vegs and fruits! Stay a bit longer! I’ve no control, unfortunately, over the end of such food bliss, so we’re filling our bellies up with the dwindling supply this week.
Here’s what we’re having this week. I’m going to test some new fall recipes…yay!
Note: I often eat a different breakfast than the ones listed. For example, lately I eat a bit of Greek yogurt with fresh berries, peaches, ground flaxseed, wheat germ, almondmilk, and a few other ingredients. It fills me up and is incredibly nutritious. Just thought I’d share!
- Cereal, strawberries
- Sausage and egg cups, mango & strawberries
- Oatmeal with dried cherries & bananas x 2
- Mom’s Muffin Doughnuts (by Gooseberry Patch), white nectarines, orange-pineapple juice
- Egg-in-hole (for you, Abby ;)), Pineapple Refresher smoothie (I made that name up. I don’t like it. Ha!…will think up a new one!)
- Bunny muffins, orange-pineapple juice, bananas & berries
- Brunch out
- PB and homemade jam sandwiches, fruit salad
- Mac and cheese cupcakes :)(by Gooseberry Patch), plums & nectarines
- Egg salad sandwiches, melon
- A Taiwanese tofu dish (just learned my mama’s recipe, yay!), short grain brown rice, steamed greens)
- Leftovers plus fruit x 2
- Turkey noodle soup
- Taiwanese noodle bowl with broccoli
- Slow cooker chicken burritos, Texas caviar (by Gooseberry Patch)
- Potato packets, corn on the cob
- Chicken with mushroom sauce, sautéed green beans, sun-dried tomatoes couscous
- Dinner out
- Leftovers Night
Snacks, Desserts, & Fun Extras
- Summer fruit
- Persian cucumbers & celery
- Berry chiffon cake
- Double crunch bars (by Gooseberry Patch)
Freezer Cooking & DIY Session: I don’t do a traditional once-a-month session, but generally choose 2 or 3 recipes.
- In preparation for fall, I’m going to make a freezer cooking game plan this week. I’ll share it with you when I’ve completed it. All the leaves are broooooown. Okay, so they’re not brown. But I can’t wait!