I hesitate to share this with you because a) it’s been around the block a time or two and b) it’s not really a recipe. But then, what the hey, why not share it in case someone hasn’t seen it yet? Dinner doesn’t get much easier than this (unless you count the root beer float my husband had for dinner the other night) and there might be a frazzled person out there who is in need of a quick-as-a-wink meal. I’d like to help that person if I can. 🙂 Heaven knows I’m so appreciative of the quick and simple recipes that have saved me from 5 o’clock fridge/dinner panic.
It ended up being h-o-t today. In a humid and sticky kinda way. I was a bit rushed in the afternoon and since I already had the a/c on, I decided to bake this up. I placed two chicken breasts in the middle of a 9×13 pan and then put the veggies on both sides of the breasts. I usually use more chicken breasts, but I wasn’t very hungry and I knew my kiddo wasn’t either. You could fit about 1 more breast in the pan or use a larger pan for 4 breasts.
I poured melted butter over everything then sprinkled dry Italian dressing mix over it all, too. I covered the dish with foil, stuck it in a 350° oven and 45 minutes later dinner was served!
Easy, huh? I served it all with a side of brown and wild rice and my little family gobbled it up. Then they headed outside to play while I lounged on the couch since I had only 1 pan to wash up. Nice plan, Danielle. Nice plan.
I might have indulged in a bit of rainbow sherbert. I had to because I didn’t make the apple cake I’d planned on.
One Pan Chicken
- •2-4 chicken breasts
- •about 2 cups of broccoli
- •1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- •1/2 white/yellow onion, thinly sliced,
- •1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- •1.5 cups green beans (I used Trader Joe's French haricot verts since I had them in the freezer)
- •1 packet dry Italian dressing mix (I used Good Seasons Italian All Natural Dressing Mix): since I only used 2 chicken breasts tonight, I used about ¾ of the packet.
- •1 stick of unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place 2-4 chicken breasts in a 9x13 or larger pan. Place broccoli, bell pepper, and half of the sliced onions on one side of the chicken. Place green beans, mushrooms, and remaining sliced onions on the other side of the chicken. Distribute melted butter evenly over chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle dressing packet over chicken and vegetables. Cover pan with foil and bake for 45 minutes or until chicken is done. Serve with a side of brown rice or a simple salad.