Since it’s autumn (well, in most parts of the country…not here 🙁 ), I feel the need to share cakes and baked items with you. I can’t help it. I feel it’s my duty since my blog’s name is, after all, CozyCAKES Cottage.
This is yet another gem from Gooseberry Patch (Quick and Easy Family Favorites). This coffee cake is a great make-ahead dish: you can assemble it the night before and pop it in the oven in the morning. OR you can just put it all together in the morning and bake it right away. Either way, it ends up very moist and delicious. It’s not exactly low in calories, but one piece this fall couldn’t hurt ya. There’s plenty to share with your neighbors. 😉
Here’s the recipe shared by Cathy Lemoyne of Ontario, Canada. Thank you, Cathy!
Overnight Coffee Cake
(Can be assembled in the morning and baked immediately, too!)
Quick and Easy Family Favorites contributed by Cathy Lemoyne of Ontario, Canada
- •2 cups all-purpose flour
- •1 tsp. baking powder
- •1 tsp. baking soda
- •1/2 tsp. salt
- •1 cup sugar
- •1 cup brown sugar, packed and divided
- •2 tsp. cinnamon, divided
- •1 cup buttermilk
- •2/3 cup butter, melted
- •2 eggs
- •1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Combine first 5 ingredients, ½ cup brown sugar and one teaspoon cinnamon in a large mixing bowl; add buttermilk, butter and eggs. Blend on low speed of an electric mixer until moistened; increase speed to medium and blend 3 more minutes. Spoon batter into a greased and floured 13 x 9-inch pan; set aside. Mix together remaining brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans; sprinkle over batter. Cover and refrigerate overnight OR bake right away! 🙂
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Makes 12 servings.