I’m joining Crystal of Money Saving Mom in her May challenge: Clutter-Busting Challenge: Get Rid of Seven Things Every Single Day in May! Wanna join me? Here’s what you do…
Each week day in May go through your house and find 7 things you can toss, donate, recycle, sell, or find someone else who can use them. That’s it. These can be big or small things, it doesn’t matter. What matters is that you actually throw them out, sell them, donate them, recycle them, or find someone else who can use them. But such a simple challenge can reap huge rewards. I bet many of us will find more than 7 items some days.
I’m plugging along with this challenge and feeling the impact daily decluttering has on our home. Ahhhh, love it! I didn’t post about days 5 through 8 because last week was hectic and included some very unexpected moments, but I did work on the challenge though I didn’t take pictures.
Here’s what I got rid of today:
- 3 plastic serving utensils I purchased for a birthday party which I didn’t like even when I bought them. Go with your gut, D!
- An often-used, but much abused dress-up tutu that the dog got to yesterday
- A dull knife with nicks (Hmmm, what did hubby use it for?)
- Several past-their-prime bath toys
- The broken handle to a fan
- Several catalogs, papers, coupons, etc (not pictured)
Did you do more decluttering? If you have a blog and would like to share a link to your 7+ items as well, please feel free to do so in the comments. If you don’t have a blog, please still share in the comments about your progress! Encouraging one another is a big aspect of this challenge!
More posts in this series: