Life’s been a little hectic lately so I’ve relied often on my handy-dandy slow cooker. This is another yummy slow cooker recipe that calls for chicken thighs which I like because they don’t get easily dried out like chicken breast can. My husband and little girl really enjoy this over brown rice with veggies. The apricot and ginger are not overpowering at all. They create good flavor and a nice little sauce to pour over your chicken and rice, too.
Apricot Ginger Chicken
- •about 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- •kosher salt & freshly ground pepper
- •1 jar apricot preserves (I use a 12 oz. jar of Smuckers)
- •1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- •1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- •2 cloves garlic, minced
- •2 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
- •1/4 tsp. red chile flakes
- •1/4 cup onion, diced
- •1 medium (or half large) red bell pepper, diced
- Place chicken thighs in your slow cooker (I rinse my chicken and snip off excess fat). Salt and pepper them lightly. In a bowl, mix the preserves, mustard, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and chile flakes together. Pour over the chicken. Mix chicken and sauce a bit to coat chicken. Place diced onions on top of chicken. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours. When about 45 minutes of cook time remain, mix the bell pepper in. Serve with rice. Enjoy!
Adapted from Make It Fast, Cook It Slow.