The house is a wreck. Ants are milling about like they’re guests at an air-conditioned resort. I’ve a pile of” hand-wash only” clothes to deal with. And despite weeks (months?) of decluttering, there’s stuff everywhere.
I ignored it all yesterday. I couldn’t deal. I knew it’d all be waiting for me today and it is. Luckily, most of the ants have left our resort. Maybe they had to get back to work.
At least I had a major comfort meal last night to butter me up for the cleaning today. A slow cooked pot roast in a creamy gravy with Yukon gold potatoes and carrots. Sometimes I wanna hug my slow cooker. Sometimes I do hug it. I also threw together my favorite EASY cobbler for dessert. There are many variations of this cobbler, but we like it best with fresh blackberries or blackberries & blueberries. It works with frozen fruit, too, (hurrah!), but I’d recommend thawing them first. So simple and I always have the ingredients on hand. Top your warm serving with ice cream and enjoy!
Off to scrub. I’ll have leftover cobbler as a work reward. 😉
Cozycakes Berry Cobbler
- •1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- •1 cup flour
- •1 cup sugar (sometimes I reduce sugar to ¾ cup to reduce sweetness and you can use brown sugar, too)
- •1 Tbsp. baking powder
- •1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- •2/3 cup milk
- •1/2 tsp. vanilla
- •1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice (I use Meyer)
- •2 cups berries (I like to use blackberries or a mix of blackberries and blueberries)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place the butter in a 2 qt. dish (a glass 8x8-in. Pyrex works perfectly) and microwave until melted. Combine and mix flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, milk, vanilla, and lemon in a bowl. Pour the flour batter mixture over the melted butter, but DO NOT MIX. Then place all berries over the batter and, again, DO NOT MIX. Bake for about 45 minutes or until lightly browned. You can check the middle for doneness with a toothpick. Serve warm with freshly whipped cream and/or ice cream.
- Enjoy! ♥