This is one of the easiest dishes I make. It really is so stinkin’ easy. But after a few hours in the slow cooker, you have tasty shredded chicken ready to serve up however you like! We love them with corn tortillas, but you decide. This chicken makes a great loaded nachos topping as well as a yummy burrito filling. I like them street taco-style, but as I said, enjoy them however you like!
Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken
♥ Perfect for burritos, tacos, tostadas, and more!
- 2 to 3 lbs. chicken breasts or chicken thighs (fat trimmed)
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 packet dry ranch dressing mix mixed with ½ cup of water (you can make your own healthier dry ranch dressing mix)
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin (do 1 Tbsp)
- 1 cup of your favorite Italian dressing (I make my own, but use your favorite)
- Place chicken breasts in your slow cooker. Mix all other ingredients together until combined and pour over chicken. Cook on high for about 5 hours (or low for 7 to 8 hours)--Slow cookers vary when it comes to cook time so please check on this periodically and adjust cook time accordingly. Halfway through cooking time, flip the chicken. When done cooking, shred chicken easily with tongs or a fork and mix back in sauce before serving. Use for tacos, burritos, tostadas, etc.