I’m keeping busy with my garage purging today (continuing from the weekend), but am taking a break to share this recipe with you. If you like coffee or mocha/coffee flavored desserts, I think you’ll enjoy this creamy, refreshing frozen torte. I even like it with a hot cup of coffee. Something about the cold espresso-tinged dessert with the hot coffee for dessert? Mmmm, really hits the spot for me.
Frozen Mocha Torte
(adapted from a Taste of Home recipe)
- 1 and ¼ cup chocolate wafer cookies, crushed finely & divided
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- ⅔ cup Hershey's chocolate syrup
- 1.5 tsp. espresso powder
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ tsp. vanilla
- Grease a springform pan (I used Baker's Joy). Set aside. Mix 1 cup of wafer cookie crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and slightly up the sides of the pan. In the bowl of a stand mixer (or use a hand mixer) whip the cream and vanilla until reaches a fluffy, whipped cream consistency. Remove to a bowl, set aside. Then use stand mixer to beat cream cheese, milk and chocolate syrup until combined and smooth. Add espresso powder and mix until combined. Gently fold in whipped cream. Pour over wafer crust. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for several hours (I prefer overnight). Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with reserved ¼ cup wafer crumbs.