I’ve the day and early evening to myself and I’m embracing it. Big plans over here, big plans.
Sip tea. Vacuum. Scrub the floors and bathrooms. Sip more tea. Walk the dog. Sip water. Water the plants and fold the mountain of laundry. Sip.
Contain your jealousy, friends.
Actually, this is what I call a good day. It was gorgeous out. Soaking in a bit of vitamin D is good for me and the pup. I read recently that folks with the lowest vitamin D levels have more than twice the risk of dying from heart disease and other causes over an 8-year period compared with people with the highest vitamin D levels. Apparently, “decreased outdoor activity” is a big factor here. Makes sense.
You know I prefer rainy days, but I can appreciate the sun and its powers. Vitamin D protects us from many diseases including osteoporosis, heart disease, and cancers of the breast, prostate, and colon. Amazingly, it also helps protect us from depression, insomnia, and an overactive immune system. Pretty snazzy, that sunshine vitamin.
After a long walk, I fussed with some scrapbook pages and then worked on a puzzle I’ve neglected. A few favorite movies kept me company. Anne of Green Gables, Pride and Prejudice, Harry Potter. I love those films as background when I’m working around the home alone. They’re like old friends.
They call those fun pieces whimsy pieces. Aren’t they sweet? Munchie and I have fun picking those out of the box.
I noticed recently that I always seem to puzzle with some type of cake by my side. Is that common? Do you take your puzzles with tea and cake, too?
Alright friends, time to get back to my day. Another bathroom needs to be cleaned and paperwork needs filing. Here’s what’s cooking in our home this week:
- Oatmeal with bananas, dried cherries & flax, , smoothies x 2
- Cinnamon cake, o,j, bananas
- Quiché, berries, o.j. and tea
- Cranberry orange cream cheese muffins, scrambled eggs, fruit salad
- Greek yogurt with all the fixings & fruit, grainy toast strips
- Bagels with turkey and avocado, bananas, o.j.
- Lunch on the boat with daddy ( I stuck to fruit and a little ham slice with avocado)
- P.b. sandwiches with homemade Napa berry jam, Honeycrisps (eating as many of the last of our favorite apples as we can)
- Fried egg sandwiches, berries, crunchy snack
- Ham and cheese wraps, smoothies, pears
- Pizza roll-ups, berries, carrots
- Bean burritos with all the fixings, melon and berries
- Leftovers plus fruit
- BBQ at family’s home
- Baked potato bar (pictured above), roasted veggies
- Zucchini patties, couscous with veggies, sautéed greens
- Chicken and herbed potatoes, spinach salad
- Slow cooker beef stroganoff, salad, roasted veggies
- Burgers, sautéed veggies, baked beans and chips, fruit
- Leftovers Night
Snacks, Desserts, & Fun Extras
- Fruits & raw veggies, yogurt, smoothies, pretzels, homemade applesauce
What’s cooking in your kitchen this week? If you have a menu plan on your blog, please do leave a link!