I wish I could burn the midnight oil like I did not long ago. These days I’m tired by 4 p.m. Yea, 4 p.m. Is that sad? I don’t know, but I’m seriously considering giving myself an 8 p.m. bedtime. I want to blame daylight savings, but I know that’d make me a liar, liar, pants on fire.
Well, let me get to it before I fall asleep on you. 😉 I use a couple different sloppy Joes recipes. Early last year I moved to using ground turkey in place of beef almost exclusively, and began using this recipe a lot. You can throw it in the slow cooker, but I find it’s easy enough to whip up in less than 30 minutes. There’s really nothing to it, but I do recommend the lean turkey over the extra lean. If you’ve not had ground turkey, I think you’ll prefer the texture. Enjoy this tasty Joes recipe for lunch or dinner! ♥
Quick Turkey Joes
- 1 lb. ground turkey (not extra lean, just lean)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 stalk celery, diced small
- 1 bell pepper, diced (I use whatever color I have. In the photo, I used an orange bell)
- 1 can (10.75 oz) tomato soup
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1.5 Tbsp. mustard
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- pinch red pepper flakes (about ¼ tsp.)
- salt & freshly ground pepper
- In a large skillet, cook turkey, onion, garlic, celery, and bell pepper until turkey is cooked through and no longer pink. Drain grease, if necessary. Add tomato soup, ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, red pepper, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir, cover, and simmer for about 15-20 minutes, mixing occasionally. Serve on your favorite hamburger buns. Enjoy!
Adapted from SixSisterStuff.