This is one of Munchie’s favorite meals. I love it because it’s a cinch to make and there’s very little clean up. Bonus: Let the kiddos help you throw this together!
Thanks to my friend, Abby, for sharing her recipe with me. I made some minor changes to suit our tastes, but it’s a keeper. Thanks, Abs! ♥
P.S. See the recipe video below to watch how I make these.
- 3 chicken breasts or about 3 cups of chicken, cooked and shredded/chopped (Use rotisserie chicken or leftover baked chicken for a nice shortcut)
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 8 oz. cream cheese (use a bit less if you like the filling less creamy)
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. milk
- 4 green onions, chopped finely
- 2 tubes refrigerated crescent rolls
- Optional: Add very small pieces of whatever vegetable you like to this. I've added cooked lima beans, peas, carrots, etc. Just be sure they're soft/cooked so they heat properly while cooking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked chicken, butter, cream cheese, milk and green onions. Stir until evenly mixed.
- Unroll crescent rolls onto a baking sheet. Separate rolls leaving 2 triangles together (so you have 8 rectangles). Pinch the seams together so the rectangles don't separate.
- Place chicken filling onto rectangles. I place the chicken closer to one end so that the next step is easier.
- Fold over one side of the rectangle and press/pinch the sides together.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until crescent rolls are browned.