I’m hoping to focus on household organization this week (will it ever end?) so, for the most part, I’m keeping our menu plan easy and familiar. Since it officially feels like summer, I’m taking advantage of both the grill and my husband–he can grill while I make the sides ;). Easy!
Here’s what’s on our menu this week:
Cinnamon roll biscuits
- Cinnamon roll biscuits (using Homemade Baking Mix from the freezer) x 2
- Baked apple oatmeal, honeydew, milk
- Green monster smoothies, multi-grain toast with jam, watermelon
- Egg-in-English-Muffin-Hole , fruit (carryover from last week’s menu…fingers crossed that I get a chance to bake English muffin bread)
- Fruit parfaits, multi-grain toast
- Cowboy breakfast sandwiches(love these, love, love, oink, oink), melon, pineapple juice
- Leftovers x 2 plus fruit
- P.b and jelly, watermelon, yogurt
- Ham and cheese sliders, fruit
- Bean and cheese burritos (made with homemade refried beans hopefully), fruit salad
- Taiwanese noodle bowl with veggies
- Egg salad sandwiches with avocado & tomato, strawberry smoothies
- Chicken Olivia over rice, tossed salad, broccoli
- Herb-roasted salmon, rice, sautéed garlic spinach, roasted mushrooms
- Beef tostadas, homemade refried beans, sweet corn cake
- Baked honey mustard chicken thighs with peppers, veggie tian, couscous
- Grilled rib eye steaks, creamy mashed potatoes, grilled asparagus and mushrooms
- Tortellini bake, spinach salad, roasted squash, garlic bread
- Leftovers Night
- Pineapples, melons, apples, bananas
- Graham crackers with p.b, cheese bites
- Yogurt & veggies
Freezer Cooking & DIY Session: I don’t do a traditional once-a-month session, but generally choose 2 or 3 recipes.
- Slow cooker refried beans (still haven’t made this…yikes)
- English muffin bread (4 loaves)
- And: TBD from MSM’s 4 Weeks to Fill Your Freezer Challenge
What’s cooking in your home this week?
*For great menu ideas and plans, stop by Menu Plan Monday over at OrgJunkie.
Mother’s Day balsamic Italian pasta salad (with enough leftovers for lunch this week)
I hope all you mamas had a relaxing and hug-filled day with your loved ones! We celebrated Mother’s Day at our place and stuffed ourselves silly. Everyone left with leftovers and now we, too, have leftovers to get me started on our menu plan.
I made my frozen key lime pie for dessert. Too darn good. Too darn NOT good for your waistline. Continue reading
Simple and tasty. That’s how I like my food. Nothing wrong with healthy, too. When summer hits, we eat a lot of grilled veggies. Since it has been a tad chilly in the evenings, I decided to roast the good lookin’ summer squash my favorite little market already carries (how I adore my little market and the folks who run it). I love this easy veggie tian because it’s versatile and yummy. Continue reading
Delicious veggie tian. I’ll share the recipe this week. Really, I will. I’m not just saying that like I do every week.
The weather is cooling down today even though we had a very warm weekend. I might have to adjust this menu if we get some rain–rain calls for stew and comfort meals around here. I also have some carry over from last week since I switched up our plans a few times.
What I’d really like to eat this week is pierogies. Except that I don’t have a fantastic recipe. And the ones I really loved? They were from the freezer section at Trader Joe’s– I actually preferred those to the ones I tasted in Poland 2 years go (I can’t believe I just said that–but maybe I was in a bad restaurant where the chef cooked & served bad pierogies. That could happen). And Trader Joe’s stopped carrying them a couple of years ago. Boo. Big fat boo! I’ve just now, this very minute, decided that my new mission this year is to make the best pierogies in the land!
Advice? Pierogi expert reading this?
Here’s what’s on our menu for the week.
- Potato hash with eggs, peppers, onions, and mushroom
- Oatmeal with dried cherries and bananas x 2
- Breakfast frittatas, fruit
- Cereal with bananas, smoothies x 2
- Good Mornin’ Muffins, fruit, hot cocoa
- Leftovers x 3 plus fruit
- Pb and peach jam sandwiches, apple slices, graham crackers
- Veggie pasta salad, cheese bits, fruit
- Zucchini patties, melon
- Grilled cheese with ham, apple slices
- Lasagna biscuit bake, veggie tian
- Homemade chicken nuggets, veggie couscous, cauliflower
- Baked tortellini, roasted asparagus, slow cooker garlic mushrooms
- Slow cooker minestrone, honey cornbread
- Chicken roll ups, veggie tian
- Shepherd’s pie, salad, homemade butter rolls
- Leftovers Night
- Fruit: melon, bananas, pineapple, tangerines
- Pumpkin bars
- Cranberry oat bars
Are you trying any new recipes this week and I’d love to hear about your favorite easy weekday meal?
Cinnamon Swirl Flash Bread
Here’s our menu plan for the week. I’m keeping it simple because I have some DIY and freezer cooking I’d like to squish into the week as well. I’ll share any successes with you. I also have a few simple recipes I’d like to share with you this week, too, like the cinnamon bread pictured above. Stay tuned if you’re looking for easy and delicious recipes to add to your busy day menus.
- Oatmeal with raisins and bananas x 2
- Toast with jam, fruit salad, o.j.
- Egg muffin sandwiches, fruit salad
- Overnight oatmeal, o.j.
- Breakfast burritos, smoothies
- Cereal with bananas, smoothies
- Leftovers x 3 plus fruit
- Fruit smoothies with oats, pasta salad
- Salad wraps with vinaigrette, berries
- Chicken wraps, fruit smoothies
- My mom’s noodle bowl (my fave and now my munchkin’s fave, too)
- Pizza and salad for Oscars TV Night
- Loaded potatoes, broccoli
- Pork tenderloin, veggie tian, garlic angel hair pasta
- Zucchini turkey bake, spinach salad, rice pilaf
- Beef stew, parmesan knots
- Leftovers Night x 2
- Fruit: fruit salad (plan to make a huge bowl today and eat it for the next few days), bananas, apples, tangerines, pears.
- Multi-grain crackers & Greek yogurt
- Carrots, celery, cucumbers, dip
- String cheese & graham crackers
What’s on your plan for the week?